[UPDATE 5/26/15: In June 2014, Liguori Publications purchased Catholic Update and other parish resources from Franciscan Media. As such, the text for any small group series I’ve created utilizing Catholic Update or Scripture From Scratch is no longer available to view for free online, however, I will do my best to provide links to purchase hard copies, which are available at the Liguori Publications website.]
What Every Catholic Should Know About How to Read the Bible
PURPOSE: To provide a starting point for those who have just discovered (or rediscovered) the central role of Scripture in his/her faith journey. This mini-series is meant to be used for personal study.
- The Bible from Square One by Elizabeth McNamer (Scripture From Scratch, 1994).
- Choosing and Using a Bible: What Catholics Should Know by Ronald Witherup, pub. Nov. 30, 1999.
- Reading the Good Book by Carol Luebering (Scripture From Scratch, 1998).
- Interpreting the Bible: The Right and Responsibility by Sandra Schneiders, IHM (Scripture From Scratch, 1997).
- What Scripture Says…and Doesn’t Say: Reading the Bible in Context by Margaret Nutting Ralph, pub. Nov. 30, 1999.
- The Fundamentalist Challenge: Suggestions for a Catholic Response (Spanish version) by Raymond E. Brown, SS (Catholic Update, pub. Nov. 30, 1999).
FURTHER READING: Very Revealing: The Constitution on Divine Revelation by Bill Huebsch
SOURCE: Scripture From Scratch: A Popular Guide to Understanding the Bible, St. Anthony Messenger Press
Image courtesy of Janaka Dharmasena / FreeDigitalPhotos.net